Tuesday, October 27, 2009

hello how are you

i was just procrastinating my essay...
it's supposed to be timed but my brain gave way around the 50 min mark and i'm stuck at the conclusion and don't know what to write...

therefore my mind started wandering - and it stopped at the youth sermon on sunday... basically a challenge to go out and 'BE' the light of the world... to be friendly, let God's love show through you, step out/ step up... speak to people, love them - have an 'others-centered' ministry

that's difficult. cos you really need a 'Christ-centered' esteem for yourself to have the courage to do that. and making real friends isn't easy... especially if you're to be the person 'there' for them to look to and see Jesus in. in fact, being real is hard enough... cos you have to wear your heart on your sleeve in today's culture with smiling plastic faces.

wow. i simply can't. i balk at meeting new people in new settings... and it's not as if i'm a fantastic friend to even the oldest of friends

so here i lift my hands yet again and say - anoint me Lord for i cannot. i give all that i am and am not to You, all that i can and can not to You. use and change me that i may touch the lives of the people around me

No comments: