Saturday, March 27, 2010

you're not a mistake.



today i realised just how little our chinese culture allows affirmation - thank you... that's great, you're awesome, that's amazing, i love you.

and we've gotten so used to never being good enough...
either giving up, or striving on and on to be what we can't

but God says otherwise -

I love you... I created you... this is my gift to you.

and when we acknowledge that, take that gift and give it back to Him, what little we have... we get exactly the opposite of what we expect from the world.

thank you, that's amazing, I'm proud of you... I love you

i think i want to reflect a bit more of who God is... not what culture dictates me to be. i want to see the gifts that God has put into each person... not the shortcomings of human nature. to speak into the gifts in encouragement and see them grow... and perhaps in that... to be who God has called me to be.


you're amazing. God thinks so. He made you that way.. and He loves His creation.

No comments: