Tuesday, July 06, 2010

only in singapore

had a really really fascinating day - which initially had only one goal: haircut


they made a mistake with the reservation... so after all the screaming (mom->me) that we'll be late etc etc. we went there and there basically wasnt an appointment slot. so. had to wait 2 hrs for the next slot that the stylist would be free.

in the two hours i...

1)got my eyebrows done instead (where the gal told me i was pretty, was shocked that i've only ever had 2 boyfriends, and told me that the guy must treat the girl well)

2)'eavesdropped' on a conversation about ang moh boyfriends and married life and clingy-ness/independence

3)was greeted by 6 staff when i walked into esprit (a bit over the top eh.)

4)met a salesman in harvey norman... who couldnt grasp what a 'sound system' was outside of a 'hi-fi', who couldn't really speak english, and who probably was from china.

then i got my hair cut, and on the way home i was approached by 2 girls for some 'breakfast survey' which was actually a gimmick to sell me some nutritional breakfast drink...

5) and i was asked if i was from singapore (woot.)

6) told that i'm 29% body fat by their machine... insane. 1/3 of me is fat? you gotta be kidding me. putting on 9% of fat in 3 years in london is a bit extreme, even if i'm flabbier now...

7) told that i had a small frame (small frame?!?!?! this is the first time i've been told that in my entire life.)

No comments: