Friday, April 18, 2008

carefree living...?

Lord, my heart is not proud;
my eyes are not haughty.
I don’t concern myself with matters too great
or too awesome for me to grasp.

Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the Lord—
now and always.

~Psalm 131 (NLT)

.. facing the world with the innocence of a child.
and yet with hunger for solid food of the word...

hmmm.
i just found this interesting...
Baby-led weaning (often also referred to as BLW) is a method of gradually weaning a baby from a milk diet onto solid foods.

Your baby may be ready to start solids if she:
• can hold her head up
• sits well when supported
• makes chewing motions
• has gained a healthy weight
• displays curiosity about what you're eating.


when we hold our head up - as Daddy's children?
sit - rest well when supported by Him
has gained a healthy weight - being made healthy and whole
displays curiosity... to feed on the word for yourself
- and then we feed for ourselves.


having reached that stage...
all we need is to just stay there?
"I don’t concern myself with matters too great
or too awesome for me to grasp."
awesome.

No comments: