Tuesday, August 23, 2011

emotions come from God

it's hard to remember that sometimes (most times to be honest). it's almost second nature to put my feelings aside for something or another that must be done. or to go back to the old 'default' of denying my thoughts so i won't have to feel the depth of emotion they produce

but God's created us with emotions... and life is meant for us to be fully engaged in whatever we do With Emotion.

if i be smothered by fear (God forbid), then so be it. at least i'll realise that i've forgotten the greatness of God.
if i feel the burn of anger/ jealousy/ hatred - whether turned on myself or others, then i'll realise i've forgotten how precious His mercy is to me
if i be weighed down by sadness/ pain, then i'll realise that it is He who lifts me up, who grieves with me and carries my burdens
if i feel joy... then i remember that He is my strength and He has given me all things
if i feel regret... then i remember that Jesus is past
if i feel doubt... then i remember that Jesus is future

if i feel... then i'll know that Jesus is here with me in the present. with me, now, just where i am, whatever i'm thinking/ feeling.

No comments: