Sunday, July 29, 2007

in all things give thanks

in this case. for protection.

i - being lazy to get up properly and flip the switch to my laptop adaptor - reached over, put one leg down on the floor from my bed and stretched.

and slipped. (on the UCL accomodation booklet no less. lol.)

so i came crashing down to the floor at an amazing speed... smashed my left arm on the table beside my bed... my right end of my hip bone into the weighing scale... knee to the floor... and got the wind knocked out of me.

all in all. ow. and the bruises will be interesting to see in a while.

but. i could have smashed my head into the corner of that table, just narrowly missed it.. and the adaptor i pulled down with me narrowly missed my head too.

and. if i had landed... with my hip not on the weighing scale but really *splat* on the floor... i probably would have cracked some ribs...


lookie that. protection in the face of stupidity. =P

No comments: