Tuesday, October 16, 2007

muggertoad

ehehe. trying to be one anyway ^^

i've joined... christian union, frisbee, stage crew, singapore society... and i'm gonna try volunteering. lets see how it goes. agressive peace hmmm. i claim it!

i was just reading this passage last night... about moses leading the people out of egypt and the journey to the promise land

So Moses said to the LORD, “Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them, that You should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which You swore to their fathers? Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? For they weep all over me, saying, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ I am not able to bear all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. If You treat me like this, please kill me here and now—if I have found favor in Your sight—and do not let me see my wretchedness!”
~Numbers 11:11-15

two things struck me.
moses' desperation... the 'why why why God', the 'i cannot make it', 'i give up', 'i don't want to be responsible' inherent in his cry [powerful man of God... current leader of israel... showing complete weakness.] . and then there's the very fact that he could make such comments to God, the intimacy and openness.

it reminds me that it's okay to be weak... it's okay to be real. even such a man of God has his moments.... i wonder. how many of us would actually turn to God like that (us. with status as sons and daughters of the Most High in Jesus Christ). how many of us are actually conscious of our standing in Christ... conscious of the love of the Father. how many of us run to Him when we face troubles? and moses had intimacy with God... how much more us?


then there was God's reply

So the LORD said to Moses: “Gather to Me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you. Then I will come down and talk with you there. I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you may not bear it yourself alone.
~Numbers 11:16-17

an answer of provision... put in current context would be Daddy God taking our burden from us saying - peace, I fight your battles. - Stand still! and see the salvation of the Lord.

No comments: