Thursday, February 05, 2009

put it under grace

It's quite interesting... that each time i hear a sermon from pastor there's always something new to be gained heh.

so my itunes was on shuffle and suddenly i heard pastor yelling at me (haha!)
'you have a disobedient child? put him/ her under grace...'
and basically to let the grace of God work out the transformation in your life (and whatever is associated with it)

nothing's impossible for Daddy... and in Christ we're all under grace...
why then do we choose to hold on so tightly to the things we can and cannot do...? to tell Him 'i'll try harder' when we cannot make it... and simply forget that well, grace was the one and only thing that brought us to Him... and that all that we are called to do - was due to being under that grace in the first place! the best thing we could do then... would be to give it back to God and let His grace work through us.

pastor was really quite amusing in his analogies.. so here i am... contributing to hilarity in a confession of faith =P

i put __________ under grace, Lord You take care of it/ him/ her.
1. my walk with You
2. my small group: and all the things that come about with human relationships
3. leadership... shepherding and having revelations of Jesus
4. my skin (perfect skin in Jesus name!)
5. the israel trip that i will go for (when i'm back in sg) & finances
6. the important people in my life - especially that one, Lord you know who it is
7. my eyesight (i claim restoration!)
8. the relationships i have with people... friendships... and my ministry/calling with them
9. OCF... the leadership... events... and people who come for them
10. my household and their walk with you, our relationships with each other
11. my future husband (HAHA! my mom tells me to pray in advance=P)

by no means an exhaustive list. lol.

but it's interesting how i somehow end up in very strange situations... like you know, the kind you hear from the pulpit and think 'ah what's the probability of that happening to me?' or 'what's the probability that i will even meet someone like that?'

i guess it's seasoning. lol. i wonder what it is i'm being called for...

No comments: