Tuesday, March 10, 2009

adulthood

i've been busy... so it's belated. here's a BEEEG THANK YOU to all of you who made the day not-so-normal (and that would be an understatement by far). i shall be organised and group the events/ items & the people who have so blessed me =).

THANK YOU for the SURPRISES and embarrassment:
1. ken/ gordon/ soph/ chrissie
my housemates who performed some covert operations thing and surprised me with cake! (gordon snuck out of the house to get the cake he & zhen baked in the afternoon... and my room is next to the front door =P) haha and soph was really sneaky in the way she turned off the light lol.

2a. christine/ hania/ sylvia/ meskerem/ divia
my coursemates who called junli to get gordon to open the door to prepare the kitchen during the 2 hour break (where they all disappeared and i was doing work alone in the common room lol) to surprise me when lessons ended. BOY was i surprised... haha they 'invited themselves over' cos 'they forgot my birthday' and wanted to hang out for a while after school to prevent me from doing work - well. covert ops successful. haha.
a whole TUB of the yummy pudding dessert made by christine's mom the conspiritorsthe conspirators and me!

and thank you for the amazing artist kit! haha i'll use it some time
2b. xni/ meif/ zainab/ hina/ philea/ two people who didn't sign off
for birthday wishes on a beeg card =)

3. steph/ disong/ shwn/ eugene/ joseph/ chermain
erm... thank you worship team for bursting out in song before OCF started (in front of everyone OMG) haha but ^^ your love is much felt.

4. ame/ jason/ ben/ cheh kuan/ tim (via sms)
my OCF small group for cake and little gifts =) and making half of OCF sing happy birthday to me O_O. haha and the best present was them doing my questionnaire for my lab class! lol.

5. rachel
my secret hot date! haha! i can't believe gordon managed to keep your identity secret for so long. thank you for an amazing dinner! fine dining *drool* haha i dun go holidaying liao... save money go eat good food with you!


THANK YOU for gifts and cards and such:
1. ame: flowers and balloon
2. junli: (through yuchian heh) a nice box of pens
3. zhen: lip gloss (omg... i'm on my way to becoming more girl!)
4. cheh kuan: thank you. seriously. that's what life is all about to me really, and it's so so amazing and encouraging to know that it really is happening =).
5. angus: man bro.... your call topped the cake that night! miss ya company man.
6. zhenqiang: diamonds! (no not the rocks) but yay i finally have a sweater i've been looking for since 1st year =)
7. mrs naidu: =) i'm blessed to have you as a 'cher!
8. drea: i'm uber blessed to be your friend =D heh i think Daddy really orchestrated things
8. ruth panz: i just got your card today! =D hee i think we won't all meet till we grad tho... haha no heidi in summer


THANK YOU for wishes and such:
1. all the texts: chu/ tim/ rachel/ wenling
2. facebook - too many of you to write here =) but you guys are much appreciated!


Daddy God... thank You for loving me, for showing me repeatedly that i'm worth it, for blessing me with such amazing people for friends, for seeing me through each and every situation to get to this point.



...


adulthood. well i really need a revelation of 'God will take care of the consequences' (to quote angus). doing the right thing isn't exactly painful on my part... just difficult to do... and my heart sinks when i think about the probabilty that i'm causing pain. but well. at 21, i'll choose to stand by what i believe in - i believe there's no such thing as 勉强 in anything that involves Daddy God, likewise nothing in my life should ever have that... and i'll hold on to that, and the hope that does not disappoint.

No comments: