Friday, March 13, 2009

thank You Lord for the food -- amen

i was just in the shower the other day and randomly thought about this. when we eat together as a house... we say grace - with varying styles/ words depending on who's praying. one of my housemates is non-christian, but doesn't mind that we say grace together - so we do.

then i was wondering what she thought of us saying grace... since we're typically hungry, say it quickly, and get down to the food. not only that (lol.) we typically say the same things over and over again every meal ["pass the fats to the next house Lord" in my case]. and so i wondered if it was just a ritual to her.. in the same vein... could it be just a ritual to us?

i wonder if i do actually see God as my provider in EVERYTHING i have in my life. i can admit immediately to taking food for granted. food's on the table say a quick grace, eat.

do we as christians really thank God for the food? or just say it because well... it shows people we're christian/ it's a 'social norm' in christian circles. similarly... do i see Daddy God as my provider? do i give thanks as such?

nup. which actually makes His love for me all the more amazing

No comments: