Wednesday, September 05, 2007

in my head

is a mess (just like my room)

maybe it doesn't look that way... but everything important to do with leaving Singapore's been going wrong

- i get the offer of scholarship... accept the UCL offer with minutes to spare... apply for accomodation and make it on the last day

visa app
- i wait very very long for confirmation... but i don't get it. so i email international office...
- i get a reply ~1month later: they sent a letter
- i get the letter... 1 week? later and happily go down to visa application office where they tell me: no, you can't make your visa cos the letter doesn't have all the info we need
- i email them again... and get joel to chase them, joel gets an email saying 'we faxed it to you'... but he hasn't received it...
- i finally get the acceptance letter, go down to visa office and apply
- that was two weeks ago... and i've been calling the office and getting engaged tones. pfft. so where's my visa?!?!

accomodation
- i find that everyone has their accomodation but me... i email accomodation office and get an offer (apparently UCL hadn't forwarded my details to the hall...)
- i have this amazingly troublesome time trying to get my documents to the hall by the deadline (okay not really... but it was quite strange that all my faxes couldn't get through...)
- i realise i don't have a hardcopy of proof of accomodation... nor confirmation that i can move in early on the 17th and i email them
- i'm still waiting...

banking
- i sign up for the international student account... (very happy... can get something done smoothly)
- i discover my account has been set up... branch: one in OXFORD... when i'm studying in? LONDON... pfft
- again i'm waiting for reply/ confirmation/ something


call me of little faith... but i'm wondering if this overseas thing has all been my effort and not His plan...

or maybe it's been going right... just in God's time and not mine

or maybe it's like what pastor says... that the devil catches a glimpse of the amazing things God has called you to do... then tries his best to stop it from happening...


maybe i should stop thinking so much and trust that my Daddy God makes all things work for good.

No comments: