Thursday, January 10, 2008

with faith like a child

i was reading the bible... well. cos i didn't want to do my notes/ readings. and came across this:

...that the LORD called Samuel. And he answered, “Here I am!” So he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.”And he said, “I did not call; lie down again.” And he went and lay down. Then the LORD called yet again, “Samuel!” So Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” He answered, “I did not call, my son; lie down again.” (Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, nor was the word of the LORD yet revealed to him.)
~1 Samuel 3:4-7

what faith samuel had.... and to think we have both those things in the brackets... but still end up focusing on ourselves/ our problems/ insecurities.

Beloved. God is FOR you and not against you. He is I AM... Daddy God says 'I AM _______.' all that you need, just fill in the blank.

imagine that.



and He's so awesome... He called Samuel over and over till Eli finally realised who it was that was calling and told Samuel to answer the Lord. (what patience.)

-Jesus knocking at the door to your heart: will you let Me in... will you let Me love you the way you want to be loved... will you let Me fill the emptiness of your soul-

No comments: